Saturday, July 21, 2012

Top 5 Teacher Must Have's Linky Party


Three cheers for new teachers ya’ll!! I have several friends/family members who are about to embark on their very first year teaching. O.M.G. Do you remember YOUR first year? Were you a hot mess like I was?? Did you think you knew everything, only to realize halfway through the year that you didn't know anything? I thought I would take a minute to list my very favorite must haves, to give new teachers some ideas. Then I thought, why not make it a linky party? That way everyone can chime in, and we can all help inspire some new teachers together.

Here are my top five:

 HeidiSongs DVDs – love, love, love them, and so do the kids! They learn their letters/sounds and sight words so fast!

 Scentos/Mr. Sketch Stix – Love these. It’s amazing what good work a kid will do for a smelly star or smiley face on their paper!

 LakeShore Learning Instant Learning Centers – for the days when you feel like you have nothing together. Happens to the best of us. Everything you need for the center is in the box. No extra work required!
 Scotch Sticky Chart Paper – I’m lucky that my school orders these for us. They are the best! No more taping charts up to the wall! These stick like a charm and come down easily without pulling up paint!
Pebble Plus Books – LOVE. Beautiful pictures. Simple, easy to understand sentences. Every non-fiction topic under the sun! Use them for Science, use them for social studies, use them for your theme units, just use them!! I have their plant set, their ocean animal set, their dinosaur set, and a ton more on the way thanks to DonorsChoose!

What are your top 5?? Make sure to link up below!!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun linky!! I am crazy about Scentos too!! I will be linking up in the next few days. :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE smelly markers and so do my kidlets! I can't wait to link up!

    kindergartenkidlets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great linky party!!! I think this is an awesome idea, especially with so many of us getting ready to go back to school. :-)

    Debbie :-)
    K is for Kinderrific

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this link party so much!!
    ☼ Kate
    To The Square Inch

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful link up! I will be a first year teacher in 2nd grade this coming school year and really do appreciate you hosting this link up. It gives me some more ideas of things that I want (need) for my new classroom! I'll have to check out those Scentos! Where do you buy them?

    Ashley
    That's So Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that I found your blog! I am a fellow kindergarten teacher in Palm Beach County! I am your newest follower! Hope you are having a terrific summer!

    Julie Shope
    http://msshopesclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete