Thursday, June 28, 2012

Summer Bucket List: Classroom Wreath



All right, next up on my summer to do list was a wreath for outside my door. I was inspired by this one that Melanie from School Girl style made for her bird themed classroom:

I headed to Michaels and picked up the following supplies:
A wreath
2 different ribbons
Flowers in my color scheme
Small wooden letters
Paint in my color cheme
Wooden dog cutouts
Feathers

The first thing I did was rifle through the bag of wooden letters to make sure I had enough of the right letters for my name. Luckily I did! Then I painted them with the blue, green and yellow paint I had gotten to match my room. Once they were dry I started arranging things on the wreath the way I thought they would look the best:

I ended up rearranging things a few times before I found a way that looked balanced: 
Once I had everything where I wanted it I hot glued like crazy to hold it all down! Then I added some ribbon to hang off the bottom, and a ribbon loop at the top to hang it from and voila!

I loved it so much I made another as a going away present for a friend who is doing an owl themed classroom next year:
Hers was easier to arrange because her name is shorter :)
I think they are both adorable!

Now my summer to do list is looking like this:
1. Supply Storage
2. Pendant Banner
3. Curtains
4. Brownie Points Magnetic Board
5. Spend time at the Pool/Beach (this is an ongoing one)
6. Finish TPT Units – Back To School, Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Winter, Valentine's, Spring,  Alphabet Wake Up Work, Numbers & Shapes Wake Up Work, request for stamping centers unit
7. Crate Seats for Guided Reading..
8. Listening Center Seats & Storage
9. Sight Word Sticks
10. Door Wreath

I recently posted my Halloween Unit, which is my most recently finished one off my to do list – check it out! 

3 comments:

  1. SO CUTE!!!
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class
    I need your help! Come check out my last post ❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving how those wreaths came out! You have just inspired me to give it a try! :) Great job!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreaths are so cute! I was in the crafting mood today too and decorated a mini-clipboard, composition notebooks, and made a memo board out of a frame...of course all ideas from Pinterest! :)

    ~ Lisa
    Teaching Kindergarten Kiddos

    ReplyDelete