Friday, June 22, 2012

Summer Bucket List: Bunting Banner


Alright guys, I have been having serious issues with blogger! I tried all last night to get up my bucket list post. It published it to my blog, but it didn’t show up in follower’s feed (I know because I follow myself) and when I checked my icon in other people’s blog rolls, it didn’t show the updated post. What am I doing wrong??? I’m going to try my post one more time.

My next project off my summer bucket list was the bunting banner. I was inspired by Abby’s from The Inspired Apple. I followed her directions almost exactly.


First I gathered my supplies. Here’s what I used:
Fabric in blue, green, yellow and paw prints
Heat-n-bond
White ribbon with blue polka dots
Scissors
Iron

The next step was to cut my triangles. I cut one to be the size I wanted, then used it as a template to cut the rest. Then I put on a marathon of Keeping Up With The Kardashians, because assembly is a lengthy process.

It’s a relatively easy process though. Here’s what you do.
1.  Lay out your ribbon in a straight line WRONG side up.
2. On top of the ribbon lay out the heat-n-bond
3. On top of the heat-n-bond, arrange your triangles WRONG side up, and overlap them just a little bit so that the heat-n-bond isn’t exposed
4. Iron!

And that’s it! Then all you need to do is slide everything over a little and continue down the ribbon until you’re done!

I can’t wait till I can show you pics of my banner hanging in my classroom in August. I’m going to go for the layered look like this one from 2 sisters:

So now my to do list looks more like this:

1. Supply Storage
2. Pendant Banner
3. Curtains
4. Brownie Points Magnetic Board
5. Spend time at the Pool/Beach (this is an ongoing one)
6. Finish TPT Units – Back To School, Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Alphabet Wake Up Work, Numbers & Shapes Wake Up Work
7. Crate Seats for Guided Reading..
8. Listening Center Seats & Storage
9. Sight Word Sticks
10. Door Wreath

I just finished and posted my fall centers, along with an alphabet morning work pack, check them out! 

Check back next week when I share another project :)

5 comments:

  1. I had the same problem. I was going over my bandwidth or something like that. I had to go in to feed burner ad increase a number. There was a trouble shooting tool. Good luck! It took me forever to figure out how to fix it!

    Cathy I.
    mrsirwinsclass@gmail.com
    Mrs. I's Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one busy lady, but you are doing great on crossing things off of your list! I love the banner you made!!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute banner!! I just started following your blog:)

    Steph
    www.kindergartensparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachelle... You are totally inspiring me! I am JUST beginning to blog...and love your posts. Thank you for sharing your bucket lists...and creative resources. One questions... do you (or any one else) have "rules" restricting hanging things due to fire codes? I'm wondering if I can sneak around our fire code restrictions with a cure banner!? Hee!

    ReplyDelete