Alright guys, I have been having serious issues with blogger! I tried all last night to get up my bucket list post. It published it to my blog, but it didn’t show up in follower’s feed (I know because I follow myself) and when I checked my icon in other people’s blog rolls, it didn’t show the updated post. What am I doing wrong??? I’m going to try my post one more time.
My next project off my summer bucket list was the bunting banner. I was inspired by Abby’s from The Inspired Apple. I followed her directions almost exactly.
First I gathered my supplies. Here’s what I used:
Fabric in blue, green, yellow and paw prints
White ribbon with blue polka dots
The next step was to cut my triangles. I cut one to be the size I wanted, then used it as a template to cut the rest. Then I put on a marathon of Keeping Up With The Kardashians, because assembly is a lengthy process.
It’s a relatively easy process though. Here’s what you do.
1. Lay out your ribbon in a straight line WRONG side up.
2. On top of the ribbon lay out the heat-n-bond
3. On top of the heat-n-bond, arrange your triangles WRONG side up, and overlap them just a little bit so that the heat-n-bond isn’t exposed
And that’s it! Then all you need to do is slide everything over a little and continue down the ribbon until you’re done!
I can’t wait till I can show you pics of my banner hanging in my classroom in August. I’m going to go for the layered look like this one from 2 sisters:
So now my to do list looks more like this:
4. Brownie Points Magnetic Board
5. Spend time at the Pool/Beach (this is an ongoing one)
6. Finish TPT Units –
7. Crate Seats for Guided Reading..
8. Listening Center Seats & Storage
9. Sight Word Sticks
10. Door Wreath
I just finished and posted my fall centers, along with an alphabet morning work pack, check them out!
Check back next week when I share another project :)