Sunday, June 10, 2012

Shiver me Timbers!

Can you believe it? We are done, done, DONE with school! Our last week went out with a bang. A pirate Bang that is.

We read a lot of fun pirate books and the kids loved learning pirate lingo. I was instantly remorseful that I taught them that pirates call their treasure "booty". I swear I heard that word over and over all week long, they thought it was SO funny. The very last day of school I treated them to the movie "Peter Pan" and they LOVED Captain Hook and Smee :)


These activities were from Deanna Jump's Pirate Unit, my pirate pocket chart story and my Pirate Centers Pack

Don't worry, I will still be here all summer, participating in two book studies ("The Daily 5" and "In Pictures and in Words") and updating you on my summer bucket list projects.  In between, you can find me by the pool, with a lime-a-rita (have you tried these? they are amazing!) and some SPF. 

HAPPY SUMMER!!!






3 comments:

  1. Love your pirate stuff. My husband and I just got back from the pool...so relaxing. I will have to find out about your lime-a-rita!!
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with all of the pirate ideas! Enjoy every minute of your summer! :)

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete