Monday, June 18, 2012

Free "Where are we?" cards and a Nomination!



I’m back with another freebie I’ve created for my classroom! You’ll remember I’m decorating with blue, green, and puppies all over! I first saw the neat idea of a "where are we? board" over at Mrs. Freshwater’s site. She saw the idea from Smiling inSecond
Smiling in Second's Board
I knew I would need to do a little tweaking for this to work for my kinders. First up, I needed to add some more places. We’re a fine arts magnet school so we go to more fine arts classes than your average kindergarten. Second, I wanted to add some pictures. Mrs. Freshwater had the great idea of adding a job to your job board so that one of the kids is in charge of updating the board each time you leave the class. But most of my kinders won’t be able to read when they come to me, so picture cues should help! I decided to make my board just a regular sized piece of paper and I’ll put some Velcro down at the bottom and on the back of the cards. I plan to hang it outside my room with a pouch nearby with all the strips. When it’s time to leave the room my helper can just pick out the right card and stick it on! You can get my free “where are we?” set HERE.

AND, I was so surprised this morning to see an email that I have been nominated for an award! I hope you all will vote for me starting June 25th!
click here

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so so much! These are adorable. I can't hardly wait to make this & use it this year. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! Such fun ideas! I'm new to blogging so PLEASE follow my blog Keeping Up With First Grade so that we can *Teach to Make a Difference* together!
    http://keepingupwithfirstgrade.blogspot.com/

    And, CONGRATS on your nomination! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! Congrats on the award as well!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS on your award!! I am in the process of making my where are with cards. I am doing a "wild" theme.
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, so I have been reading your blog for a while--some might consider it stalking--and I have to say you must be a great teacher! I am going into my 2nd year of kindergarten and I have so many questions! I would love to pick your brain a little bit and hopefully find some answers to the questions bogging my brain down. Would you be willing to try and answer them? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @BusyBeesin118

    Yes! Send me an email at Rachelle.Ruark@gmail.com and I will try my best to help you out!

    Beadboard, I have your "church" card, send me an email so I can send it to you!

    ReplyDelete