Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hurricane Isaac

Well, I was hoping to have an update for you by now about how our first few days of Reader’s Workshop, Writer’s Workshop and Daily 5 went. Unfortunately, Hurricane Isaac had other plans. Thanks to his wind and rain, half our county is buried underwater and we’ve all been stuck at home the last two days. No word yet on tomorrow. Normally, this little unexpected vacation wouldn’t bug me, but we’ve only had one week of school and I’m really worried I’m going to have to completely re-teach rules and expectations!

This little break named Isaac did give me a change to finish a few things. Over the summer I had a sweet reader ask if I could make her a word wall set to match my cowboy theme. I was happy to, and finally got around to posting it and editing it for the other themes. They are all up in my store now. They include a label for each letter with coordinating picture, and a page of blank cards you can print as many times as you need for your words. I did not make cards with pre-printed words since so many schools use so many different lists.

Also, for those who have been patiently waiting, my pocketchart set for October & November that coordinates with my little book set is finally up. I had to completely start over after my computer decided to delete the file during a storm. It contains 8 pocket chart stories with fall leaves, Halloween, spiders, pumpkin, and Thanksgiving themes.

Here’s hoping we have school tomorrow! 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you get to go back tomorrow...I'm sure if it were any other time of the year, it would be a welcome break..(although we would all be keeping the community in our thoughts to be safe) however it's no fun at the very beginning of school. I'm in North carolina and I think we'll just be getting the tail end of it.

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete