Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ch-Ch-Changes

Our classroom got a brand new addition this week!
Can you see it? It's our new rug, bought through donations at donors choose!
Isn't it beautiful? The bright colors make me so happy when I walk into my room in the morning.
It has already helped cut down on behavior issues during carpet time, as everyone now has a better defined sense of personal space. When we are on the rug they are not allowed to leave their square. No hands, legs, feet in someone else's square. I can't tell you how much less tattling I've heard this week. It really is amazing.
Here we are singing our number songs on the carpet :) Everyone in their own square!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! That is the carpet I was supposed to get. Somehow a diff. one was ordered and it has yellow in it - it gets soooo dirty soooo fast! Congrats on getting your project funded!
    Tessa
    Spotlight on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT this carpet! Congratulations on getting your project funded! Tessa, mine has yellow in it too and it always looks tattered!

    Great blog!!!!
    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog! I have a "carpet" with squares too and I love the personal spaces! It's GREAT! I put carpet in quotes because I used those puzzle like things you might put in a playroom or gym. It's taken a while to get them all. They come in packs of four and I wait till they are on sale at Menards! :) I'm excited to explore your blog more!

    ReplyDelete