Saturday, March 10, 2012

An end to the Zoo :(

We finished our zoo unit this week and I'm pretty sad! It was one of my favorites we've done all year! 
We learned about hippos....
Here are our charts I forgot to post of lions and cheetahs ....


And talked about verbs as they pertain to animals (you may remember we did this with adjectives as well)
And we made one more book from Kim Adsit's Animal Blasters pack (highly recommended!)
The kids had to draw animals on each page that fit the skin covering...


And as promised, here are their zoo books they have been working so hard on!
I tried to pick samples from students at different levels of writing. These great templates are from Deanna Jump's Zoo unit (also highly recommended)



Near the end of the week we graphed our favorite Zoo Animal -
On Friday we went to the zoo! I'm going to do a separate post on that once I figure out how to get the pictures from my DSLR to the computer. (Not quite as easy as transferring from my iphone)

This week we did Cowboy centers. Just for fun, and because I'm grasping at straws to keep some of  my spirited kids engaged before spring break!
rhyming

real/nonsense words

making words

ending sounds

ABC order

asking/telling sentences & punctuation

sight words
sentence order
more/less

before and after

skip counting


number order
All these and more are in my Giddy Up! Cowboy Centers. Next week we'll be covering St. Patrick's Day, if you need some new ideas check out my Lucky Leprechauns Unit. Field Day is next week too, and then a long glorious week of relaxation. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Check back later for a recap of our zoo trip :)

No comments:

Post a Comment