Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Election Day!

It's election day! Here in Florida (no hanging chad jokes please) we've been busying learning all about what that means! Today we read some books about elections and then had our own class election. Each child was allowed to vote for the one snack they would like to have at the end of the day.
I was so impressed with the paper on the left...."On election day we vote for who wants to be the president"

Books that helped us understand elections:
Election Day (Rookie Read-About Holidays)
Election Day (Ready-to-Read. Level 1)
Duck for President (New York Times Best Illustrated Books (Awards))
If I Ran For President

4 comments:

  1. Hi!! I LOVE your kindergarten election ideas.. Do you have the templates for the ballot, graphing sheet, and writing worksheet? I'd love to use it with my kinders this year.. Let me know! Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I just reproduced your papers...not realizing that I found the same clip art online. I am doing this with my kiddo's tomorrow on Election 2012! Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! Doing this today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Idea!! You are fab! Have a great week. jk

    ReplyDelete