Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The Naughty Leprechaun


Oh friends, I am so, SO excited I get to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with my class this year! For the last several years we have always been on spring break when St. Patrick's rolls around.  In fact, the last time I blogged about St. Patty's day was 2012! You can read that post HERE, but I've come a long way since then! 

This year, St. Patrick's Day is the day before spring break! The perfect time to have lots of fun! We'll be leading up to the big day with a special story - The Naughty Leprechaun Story


We'll read the tale of the two brothers and learn all about consequences, making good choices, and having morals. The book focuses on creating your own luck through hard work and determination and not relying on random chance. It's full of beautiful, funny illustrations and I know my students will love it. Then for three nights, our classroom will get a special little visitor. 


Will it be Liam the good or Leyland the naughty? My  class will get to decide if they have had good behavior. Then, on the fourth day - we'll have our  celebration! And when our celebration is over - SPRING BREAK! 

The Naughty Leprechaun story came with a gorgeous gold coin with one brother on each side. We'll leave it out each night showing our choice of visitor. Here are some ideas for each brother: 



I am hoping that on the last night, my students choose a visit from Liam. If they don't, I'll certainly try to persuade them that way. He'll be leaving them everything they need for a classroom celebration - craft stupplies to make leprechaun hats to wear and rainbow stained glass art for our windows, a leprechaun movie, and a special breakfast snack of lucky charms and green milk! 

I'd love to hear how you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in the classroom! 

You can find The Naughty Leprechaun Story - 

Would you like to win your own copy of the Naughty Leprechaun Story? Enter below! 

a Rafflecopter giveaway

This is a sponsored post. I received payment, trade and/or product  in exchange for promoting.
However, all opinions stated are my own and I only promote products I love.





4 comments:

  1. Really wonderful piece of article which just simply portrays us about how you are treating the present generation students as the present generation students are much aware and updated about all things. Because of this, we could not even cheat them or console them by providing any answers. This has been experienced by myself in my research writing service work while i have been supposed to meet such a boy who had locked myself by asking a question. So, in the present world, we all are fearing on seeing the present generation children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the information for me. If you are interested in the field of engraving machine you would like to share some information about it, such as marking machine ( Máy khắc ), Laser ( Máy laser ), Laser ( Máy khắc laser ), laser cutting machine ( Máy cắt laser ), Metal Engraving Machine ( Máy khắc kim loại), metal laser marking machine ( Máy khắc laser kim loại), laser on mica ( Máy khắc laser trên mica ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing of information for me. If you are interested in the field of laser engraving machine, I would like to share with you some information for your reference as follows: laser cutting engraving machine ( Máy khắc cắt laser ), laser engraving machines ( Máy khắc bằng tia laser ), laser seal engraving machine ( Máy khắc dấu laser ) , industrial laser marking machine ( Máy khắc laser công nghiệp ), laser cutting machine decal ( Máy cắt laser decal ), laser cutting machine on canvas ( Máy cắt laser trên vải ), laser 1390 ( Máy khắc laser 1390 ), laser 9060 ( Máy khắc laser 9060 ), laser 3020 ( Máy khắc laser 3020 ), laser 1325 ( Máy khắc laser 1325 ).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! Kids Stories are a great way to introduce reading and I know kiddos are going to love this unit. Thanks for sharing!
    Nursery Rhymes

    ReplyDelete