Can we please pretend it’s still Friday? I didn't get my post in last night and here's why:
1. I went to Menchie's last night instead of posting, and I'm not even sorry about it. This is Milk Chocolate Madness mixed with Tropical Banana and filled with chocolate chips, fudgey brownie pieces, fresh banana slices, and cool whip topping.
2. This was our first week of school! Our first three days were staggered start. That means six kids come M, six different kids come T, six different kids come W, and all 18 come starting Thursday. We did a gingerbread hunt all over the school to get to know our school. I think I first saw this idea from Eberhart's Explorers! We read the Gingerbread man loose in the school and I taped the first clue in the back of the book. They were so excited to search around the school and of course we found him (her?) right back in our room. The kids were thrilled that the gingerbread man brought us a yummy snack! All in all, Staggered start was a success! It gave the kids a non-intimidating way to start school in a small group setting. They got to know our school, a few friends, and their teacher. Plus it gave us a chance to get our Florida Kindergarten Readiness Screener done!
3. We're officially a bucket filling class! This is my first year doing Bucket Fillers and I'm loving it! We're using a class bucket and they've really "got" the concept! This craft is from First Grade Fever, and the anchor charts are from Ashley Reed's Bucket Filler Brigade pack!
|Sorry, for some reason this didn't save to my camera roll and I couldn't figure out how else to get it off instagram.|
4. We made these adorable handprint puzzles our very first day and the kids and parents raved about how much fun they had putting them together and talking about the first day! The poem is a freebie from Deanna Jump!
5. I got lots of sweet notes and little presents this week as I'm sure many of you did, but this was by far the best! I have a parent that runs Go Math trainings in our district and he brought me this! It's from *Lakeshore* and we're going to have so much fun with it!
Be sure to link up your Five for Friday (you probably already did and aren't late like me!) over at Doodlebugs Teaching!