Friday, September 14, 2012

Kindergarten Common Core

Is anyone else completely overwhelmed by the common core? Our district is just starting out and I feel like I'm drowning! Our district created a data entry system for report cards, and my co-team leader and I created a grade book, but I still feel like I'm grasping at straws trying to make sure everything gets covered multiple times. I'll go to grade a test and flip back through the standards twenty times trying to decide which standards the questions cover!

Have you guys seen this workbook for the kindergarten common core? Does anyone have it? It looks like a great resource for teachers. It's full of worksheets, assessments and such that are ALREADY LABELLED with the standards! No more trying to figure it out on your own!
I'm definitely thinking I'm going to have to try it out! That's half the battle.... trying to decide which questions cover which standards, and what if it covers multiple standards? Do you pick one? Mark both? I'd love to hear what other teachers think too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment