Sunday, January 17, 2016

Snow Much Fun


It's been three weeks since Christmas, so what better time to share about our Christmas gifts right? Better late than never? Just file this one away for next year. :)

We made adorable snowmen ornaments for the kids to give to their parents. I needed something quick, cheap, and easy that would still be heartfelt and this fit the bill. My room mom picked up the ornaments and the fake snow, and the only other materials we needed were pipe cleaners, pom poms, markers or paint, brown paper bags and curling ribbon, all which I had on hand in my craft cabinet.


We completed our projects over a few days. The first day I simply allowed each child to pick out their pipe cleaners and pom poms and I put them in a ziploc bag with an ornament. I labelled the ziplocs so I would know who's was who's and after school I hot glued all the earmuffs onto the ornaments. 

The next day I set up 4 snow filling stations at my guided reading table. Each had a tray to catch any wayward snow with a bowl of snow and the students ornament inside. I removed the top of the ornament (that part was a little too tricky for little hands) and they filled their ornaments most of the way up with snow. 


We then added a face with permanent marker (paint would be cute too!) and we were done! 


The students helped every step of the way with wrapping their gifts. We covered each one with tissue paper tied off with curling ribbon.



Then put their ornaments into a brown paper bag and attached a tag reading "I love you *snow* much that I had whipped up on my computer the night before. 


After our book exchange, each student took their ornament home to their families. They were so proud! 


This project was just right for the primary age group and it's definitely one I'll be using again in years to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment