Saturday, February 23, 2013

Five for Friday {2/22/12}

I know, it's technically Saturday. But I spent six hours yesterday looking for my husbands lost car keys, so you'll forgive me for not getting this up then. Here's five random things from my week!

1. My class has discovered the Sid Shuffle. Talk about a perfect brain break. Check it out if you haven't !




2. We've been working big time on our sight words. I just discovered (I use that word loosely because they are right there on TPT for everyone to see!) these adorable interactive books by Kinder-Craze and my kids are loving them. We also sing our Heidi Songs almost daily for the weeks words. If you can't tell, we were working on 'came" this week

3. Monster fingers make even the reluctant reader interested. Get yourself some. Seriously. Now.

4. I'm currently working on bundling together my classroom theme items so that you don't have to search all over my TPT store for the various elements.

5. I forget whose blog I saw this on, but someone had the great idea of typing out all your fonts so you can see at a glance which ones you have and what they look like without scrolling through them all. So I spent my morning organizing my fonts.... and came to the realization that my font hording has gotten out of control.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the video!! My kiddos love videos that let them move around!

    Kimberly Ann
    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten’s Hosting a Fabulous Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute (and catchy!) video! Thanks for sharing :)

    Sarah
    teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the font collection! Such a visually appealing way to organize them. Monster fingers are the best. :) Thanks for sharing!

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of organizing the fonts! Although, organizing my files in general should probably take priority. Sounds like a summer project!
    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that idea of organizing fonts...and if we have any more snow days, I just might go stir-crazy enough to do it!! :) Love you blog...so so cute!! I'm a new follower!

    Amy
    Happy Teacher Heaven

    ReplyDelete